Locutus

Default How do I make tabbed text actually stop where I set the tab?

Situation: On a line with bulleted text, I want to set a tab stop on the
line, but the tabbed text seems to indent past the tab stop. This problem
does not occur when text is not indented.
Stefan Blom

Use the Bullets and Numbering dialog box to modify indents for
bulleted (or numbered) text; click the Customize button and then
specify a "Number position" and a "Text position".

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP