wordinator

Default Can a hyperlink to jump to a specific location within a document

Every time I try to hyperlink to a specific locatoin within a single document
using a bookmark the link takes me to the beginning of the document not the
specific location that I have bookmarked. Any ideas how to fix the problem.
Shauna Kelly

Hi

What happens if you choose Edit Go To and select the bookmark? If that
does not take you to the right spot, then you need to recreate the bookmark.

Once you know the bookmark is in the right position, to create the
hyperlink, do Insert Hyperlink. Click Place in this Document. Click the
name of your bookmark and then click OK.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"wordinator" wrote in message
Every time I try to hyperlink to a specific locatoin within a single
document
using a bookmark the link takes me to the beginning of the document not
the
specific location that I have bookmarked. Any ideas how to fix the
problem.

wordinator

The Edit Go To and selecting the bookmark works perfectly. However, when I
then insert the hyperlink it still takes me back to the beginning of the
document.

When I right click the hyperlink and select the hyperlink it highlights the
text from the beginning of the document to the bookmark. Any ideas how to
get the hyperlink to just hyperlink to the bookmark.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi

What happens if you choose Edit Go To and select the bookmark? If that
does not take you to the right spot, then you need to recreate the bookmark.

Once you know the bookmark is in the right position, to create the
hyperlink, do Insert Hyperlink. Click Place in this Document. Click the
name of your bookmark and then click OK.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"wordinator" wrote in message
Every time I try to hyperlink to a specific locatoin within a single
document
using a bookmark the link takes me to the beginning of the document not
the
specific location that I have bookmarked. Any ideas how to fix the
problem.

I think it is very possible you've got more text in the bookmark than you
think. Select the text you want to be bookmarked, then go to Insert |
Bookmark. The bookmark you assigned should be highlighted. Click Add to
reapply it to just the selected text.

news