Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default 2 indexes in same document

I am working on the manuscript of a book where I need to create 2 separate
indexes: an index of names and a separate general index.

Actually this is a second edition of this book and the first edition did
have 2 indexes but I forgot how I did it. I do notice that the "names" to
be included in the separate name index were all marked in their fields with
a preceding #. as in:
{XE "#Smith"}

So when I generate the index, all the name entries that should appear in the
separate name index appear at the beginning of the index where they can be
easily identified, cut and pasted. So I assume that what I did was: cut the
names portion, repasted it in the area labeled "Name Index" and then removed
the # from all the entries.

Does that make sense? Is there a better way?

**Is there a way to use search/replace to remove all the # from the names?

Thanks.

Jeff