Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grizz Grizz is offline

Default Merging Excel & Word Documents (Office 2003 products)

I would like to merge selected cell data from an Excel SS and place it in a
Word document/table (ie: Names, telephone #'s, email, etc). What is the
process that I need to follow. I'm very familiar with mailmerges, but not
with compiling all of the info from a SS into a single Word document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A mail merge from Excel is really no different from one using a data source
within Word. It helps if your columns are labeled. Just select the Excel
sheet as the data source, choose the fields you want to insert (in the
Insert Merge Field dialog), and go. From the sound of it, what you want is a
Directory-type merge.

http://word.mvps.org

"Grizz" wrote in message
I would like to merge selected cell data from an Excel SS and place it in a
Word document/table (ie: Names, telephone #'s, email, etc). What is the
process that I need to follow. I'm very familiar with mailmerges, but not
with compiling all of the info from a SS into a single Word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grizz Grizz is offline

Suzanne,

Thank you for your response!

It is my hope to compile a directory of all the records in the spreadsheet
on to one page in Word with all of the unique data fields for each record.
Will this work & how should I go about setting it up?

"Grizz" wrote in message
I would like to merge selected cell data from an Excel SS and place it in a
Word document/table (ie: Names, telephone #'s, email, etc). What is the
process that I need to follow. I'm very familiar with mailmerges, but not
with compiling all of the info from a SS into a single Word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're wanting this in a table, you set up a table with enough columns to
accommodate the number of fields, then put one field in each column. If you
want a paragraph format, arrange the fields in a paragraph. You did say that
you were very familiar with mail merge?

http://word.mvps.org