Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarkN MarkN is offline

Default Bookmarks, x-refs etc

Hello,
I tend to create all bookmarks and cross-refs towards the end of the
document creation process and I feel that I have issues/problems with both.

I add bookmarks by:
-Selecting text.
-Ctrl Shift F5
-Type the name and then click Add

Is there a better way, can I make the dialog stay open so that I can add
another bookmark without opening and closing the dialog each time.

Is there a way I can stop the X-ref type jumping back to the top of the list
each time I go back to the dialog box?
--
Thanks,
MarkN
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWFya04=?=,

I tend to create all bookmarks and cross-refs towards the end of the
document creation process and I feel that I have issues/problems with both.

I add bookmarks by:
-Selecting text.
-Ctrl Shift F5
-Type the name and then click Add

Is there a better way, can I make the dialog stay open so that I can add
another bookmark without opening and closing the dialog each time.

Only by using a macro. You could create your own dialog box for entering
bookmark names, set to "non-modal" so that you can work in the document at the
same time. Not too difficult, as such things go... If you want to go that
route, I recommend the basic articles on creating UserForms on word.mvps.org,
then go to the word.vba.general newsgroup for help with the details.

Is there a way I can stop the X-ref type jumping back to the top of the list
each time I go back to the dialog box?

No, unfortunately :-(

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland