RTP

Default Word Logo

I am looking for a decent web site where I can find the Word logo for
documentation purposes.

Do any of you know where I might be able to find the Word logo so that I
can copy it into my documentation???

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Margaret Aldis

Microsoft's rules on use of logos etc. are he

http://www.microsoft.com/permission/copyrgt/cop-img.htm

I think that means that under some circumstances you'd be able to use a
screenshot of the desktop or Windows Explorer icon in documentation, but you
won't be able to download and reuse the 'logo' as such.

(You can get access to all the Word icons from the Properties dialog on the
Start menu Word shortcut - that can be a useful trick if you want to pick up
the different images in a screenshot.)

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"RTP" wrote in message
I am looking for a decent web site where I can find the Word logo for
documentation purposes.

Do any of you know where I might be able to find the Word logo so that I
can copy it into my documentation???

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

RTP

I tried right-clicking on the properties of Microsoft Word within the Start
Menu and could not seem to copy the I-Con Logo.

Am I doing something wrong???

(Obviously....)

"RTP" wrote in message
I am looking for a decent web site where I can find the Word logo for
documentation purposes.

Do any of you know where I might be able to find the Word logo so that I
can copy it into my documentation???

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Margaret Aldis

I may be wrong but I don't think there is any way of copying the logo direct
because the icons are within the executable, not separate .ico files. What I
meant was, you can choose the icon you want for the Start menu item, then
take a screenshot with the Start menu open, and pick out the icon in your
graphics app. That gives you a reasonable resolution image to use in the
documentation.

The various Word icons are accessible from the Change Icon button.

There are probably slicker ways to do it, but since it's a once-off it's
hardly worth searching around for other tools and techniques. Sorry if I
misled you :-)

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP
Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word