Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default dropped pages when saving docx as a doc

I save a docx file (Word 2007) as a doc file (Word 2003). The save looks ok.
But when I open the doc file using Word 2007, several pages have been
dropped. If I repair the doc file, the pages are recovered. What causes this
problem, and how do I fix it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Does this happen with all documents? What is on the 'dropped' pages? By
'dropped' do you mean omitted from the final document?
My guess is a corrupt normal template - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

Dennis wrote:
I save a docx file (Word 2007) as a doc file (Word 2003). The save
looks ok. But when I open the doc file using Word 2007, several pages
have been dropped. If I repair the doc file, the pages are recovered.
What causes this problem, and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Is part of the document in a table? If so, take a look at the Table
Properties and make sure the Text Wrapping is set to "None".

If that's not it, when Word repairs the document what does it indicate it
repaired?

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Dennis" wrote in message
news
I save a docx file (Word 2007) as a doc file (Word 2003). The save looks
ok.
But when I open the doc file using Word 2007, several pages have been
dropped. If I repair the doc file, the pages are recovered. What causes
this
problem, and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis Dennis is offline

The normal template seems to be working in Word 2007. If it is corrupted, how
do I repair or replace it. Also, should I replace or repair the the add-in
template that I use for the document?

I'm not sure if it is a problem with only this document. I will experiment
with other documents to see if it is a wide-spread problem.

Dennis wrote:
I save a docx file (Word 2007) as a doc file (Word 2003). The save
looks ok. But when I open the doc file using Word 2007, several pages
have been dropped. If I repair the doc file, the pages are recovered.
What causes this problem, and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis Dennis is offline

Text wrapping is set to None.

When repaired it simply appends (repaired) to the file name. No other
information is available.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Is part of the document in a table? If so, take a look at the Table
Properties and make sure the Text Wrapping is set to "None".

If that's not it, when Word repairs the document what does it indicate it
repaired?

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

news