Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chayanne chayanne is offline

Default Saving mail merged letter seperately then emailing

I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. Once saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too much??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] cathyall@chariot.net.au is offline

On Jun 4, 8:57*am, chayanne
wrote:
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. *Once saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each letter
as an email merge. *Can this be done or am I asking for too much??

Why don't you just merge straight to email, instead of to a Word
document? If you are using Outlook, and have the Journal turned on,
each individual email will be logged against the customer card
automatically, so you won't have to save individually
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you want to send the letters as attachments to an email message, see the
"Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

and then for the emailing of them, see the article "Mail Merge to E-mail
with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

Otherwise, as mentioned by Cathyall, you can execute the merge to email, in
which case, your letter will be inserted into the body of each email
message.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"chayanne" wrote in message
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. Once
saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each
letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too much??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chayanne chayanne is offline

I need each letter to be personalized and sent as an attachment. I also need
to be able to include additional attachments. I am sending confidential
contracts so I can't embed them in the body of the actual email.

" wrote:

On Jun 4, 8:57 am, chayanne
wrote:
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. Once saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too much??

Why don't you just merge straight to email, instead of to a Word
document? If you are using Outlook, and have the Journal turned on,
each individual email will be logged against the customer card
automatically, so you won't have to save individually

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Then you need the methods that I have suggested in response to your original
post.

--

"chayanne" wrote in message
I need each letter to be personalized and sent as an attachment. I also
need
to be able to include additional attachments. I am sending confidential
contracts so I can't embed them in the body of the actual email.

" wrote:

On Jun 4, 8:57 am, chayanne
wrote:
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as
seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. Once
saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each
letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too much??

Why don't you just merge straight to email, instead of to a Word
document? If you are using Outlook, and have the Journal turned on,
each individual email will be logged against the customer card
automatically, so you won't have to save individually

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chayanne chayanne is offline

Hi doug!

Your site states that I need to extract the MMtoDocRevnn.DOT template but
when i clicked on the word add-in template it gave me MMtoDocRev28.DOT. So I
used it and put it in start up but when I did the merge the macro code did
not take over to offer the choice of merging to separate documents or
continuing with a merge to a single document. even though it did actually
seperate them to different pages within one document. I assume that I need
most recent MMtoDocRevnn.DOT template so I can get that prompt. Where do i
need to go to get it??

The latest version of this code is available for download as a Word add-in
template. Extract the MMtoDocsRevnn.DOT template (where nn is the latest
revision number) to the Word startup folder - its location defined in Word at
Tools Options File Locations Startup

"chayanne" wrote in message
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. Once
saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each
letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too much??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The one you have down loaded is the latest (we keep tweaking it). After you
install it in the Start up folder, you must restart Word and whenever you
start Word, it must be started before Outlook (if you use Word as the editor
in Outlook) and it must be started from the Windows Start menu and not by
double clicking, or right clicking on a Word document on the desktop or in
Windows Explorer.

--

"chayanne" wrote in message
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as
seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. Once
saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each
letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too much??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chayanne chayanne is offline

Sub SubSplitter()
'
' SubSplitter Macro
' Macro created 6/4/2008 by CLawrence
Dim mask As String
Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
Letters = Selection.Information(wdActiveEndSectionNumber)
mask = "ddMMyy"
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Counter = 1
While Counter Letters
DocName = "Z:\My Documents\" & Format(Date, mask) _
& " " & LTrim$(Str$(Counter)) & ".doc"
ActiveDocument.Sections.First.Range.Cut
Documents.Add
With Selection
.Paste
.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
.Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
End With

(THE LINE BELOW IS HIGHLIGHTED YELLOW AS AN ERROR IN VBA, WHAT SHOULD I DO?)

ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=DocName, FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument

ActiveWindow.Close
Counter = Counter + 1
Wend
End Sub

"chayanne" wrote in message
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as
seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. Once
saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each
letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too much??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chayanne chayanne is offline

How much do you charge, I need to get this done today. It is driving me
crazy and I am wastling a lot of time trying to figure this out. It seems as
though your soulution is perfect, I just can't seem to get it to work for me.

"chayanne" wrote:

Sub SubSplitter()
'

"chayanne" wrote in message
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as
seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. Once
saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each
letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too much??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do you have a folder named My Documents in the Z: drive.

If you email the document created by executing the merge to a new document
to me, I will split it up for you - No Charge.

--

"chayanne" wrote in message
How much do you charge, I need to get this done today. It is driving me
crazy and I am wastling a lot of time trying to figure this out. It seems
as
though your soulution is perfect, I just can't seem to get it to work for
me.

"chayanne" wrote:

Sub SubSplitter()
'

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"chayanne" wrote in message
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as
seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one.
Once
saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on
each
letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too
much??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You have to remove the obvious from it so that you would be left with
dkr[at]mvps.org

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"chayanne" wrote in message
news
what is your email address?

"chayanne" wrote in message
How much do you charge, I need to get this done today. It is driving
me
crazy and I am wastling a lot of time trying to figure this out. It
seems
as
though your soulution is perfect, I just can't seem to get it to work
for
me.

"chayanne" wrote:

Sub SubSplitter()
'

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chayanne chayanne is offline

Hi Doug,

I sent the email over to you did you ever receive it??

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You have to remove the obvious from it so that you would be left with
dkr[at]mvps.org

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"chayanne" wrote in message
news
what is your email address?

"chayanne" wrote in message
How much do you charge, I need to get this done today. It is driving
me
crazy and I am wastling a lot of time trying to figure this out. It
seems
as
though your soulution is perfect, I just can't seem to get it to work
for
me.

"chayanne" wrote:

Sub SubSplitter()
'

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Snailspace Snailspace is offline

How would I stop the macro from running? I've tried CTRL B etc...
and nothing seems to stop it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Yes, I did receive it and I sent something back to you on Friday.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You have to remove the obvious from it so that you would be left with
dkr[at]mvps.org

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"chayanne" wrote in message
news
what is your email address?

"chayanne" wrote in message
How much do you charge, I need to get this done today. It is
driving
me
crazy and I am wastling a lot of time trying to figure this out.
It
seems
as
though your soulution is perfect, I just can't seem to get it to
work
for
me.

"chayanne" wrote:

Sub SubSplitter()
'

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Snailspace Snailspace is offline

Thank You ~ I forgot the Break Key!

I was running the Merge Macro and included the blank fields! OOPS!!
It kept on going.

On Jun 9, 3:35*pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
I am not sure if this is related to the subject of this post but to stop a
macro from running, use Ctrl+Break

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chayanne chayanne is offline

Hi Doug,

I was out of the office, but I actually did not receive it. May the file
was too big. Did you send a macro or the seperated documents as an
attachment? Could you please send me the body of the email without the
attachments, so I can read what you sent to me?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"chayanne" wrote in message
How much do you charge, I need to get this done today. It is
driving
me
crazy and I am wastling a lot of time trying to figure this out.
It
seems
as
though your soulution is perfect, I just can't seem to get it to
work
for
me.

"chayanne" wrote: