HT

Default Section Breaks - here's a test question

Word2003
WindowsXP

I spent that latter part of the day trying to find out what they mean..here
goes.

You are only supposed to use "3" section breaks and no "different first
page".

I have done this endlessly and can only achieve what they want with 4
section breaks. You are only supposed to work in the header and footer layer
after putting in the section break.

Page 1
"Title" is in the header and there is no page number

Page 2
"Intro" is in the header and (ii) is the page number

Page 3
"Intro" is in the header and (iii) is the page number

Page 4
"Summary Head" is in the header and there is no page #.

Page 5
"Summary Page" is in the header and "2" is the page number.

Page 6
"Summary Page" is in the header and "3" is the page number.

The last question is to complete the above using only one section break.

I give up!

Page 1

Doug Robbins

Use { IF { PAGE } [Condition] [True Result] [False Result] } constructions.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"HT" wrote in message
[...]

Tony Jollans

This is your test, not mine, but it's fairly straightforward. Don't give up,
but don't expect someone else to do it for you.

3 section breaks gives 4 sections. Without doing anything complicated it's
easy to see that each different text must be in a different section so you
know where the section breaks must go and all you have to do is format the
page numbers.

When doing it with fewer sections you no longer have the constraint of not
using different first page headers. That should be more than enough to get
you going.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"HT" wrote in message
[...]

HT

Tony,

If you read my post correctly I have spent the entire day working on
this..never asked anyone to do it for me. I said I needed 3 section breaks.
Have you tried it? Its not easy.

Doug..I appreciate your response (as usual) the issue is this is for a law
firm and for whatever reason they never use fields..they have to use section
breaks I guess for the new people that aren't familiar with Word.

Thanks all!

"HT" wrote in message
[...]

HT

Ok Tony you made me feel guilty so I took another stab at it ..and you were
right..sometimes you just have to keep cranking at it.

Out of nowhere it hit me..3 section breaks..yes but 1 page break. If I use 3
section breaks with 1 page break it works!

Thanks again all..I love you guys!