Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen Colleen is offline

Default bold numbering but not body text

Hi. I am trying to bold 4 out of 8 automatic numbers. As well I want
just the first 4 numbers bold, not the text that follows. Everything I
have tried ends up in all of the numbers bolded, and it also bolds the
text. Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Colleen.

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen Colleen is offline

Thank you Suzanne - worked like a charm. Thanks for your expertise!
Colleen.

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
Try bolding just the paragraph mark of the numbered paragraph.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Colleen" wrote in message
...-

Hi. I am trying to bold 4 out of 8 automatic numbers. As well I want
just the first 4 numbers bold, not the text that follows. Everything
have tried ends up in all of the numbers bolded, and it also bolds
the
text. Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Colleen.

--
Colleen-

--
Colleen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Usually people want to know how to *remove* formatting that's affecting
numbering even when it has been removed from the numbered item. This was
just the reverse situation!

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
Try bolding just the paragraph mark of the numbered paragraph.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Colleen" wrote in message
...-

Hi. I am trying to bold 4 out of 8 automatic numbers. As well I want
just the first 4 numbers bold, not the text that follows. Everything
have tried ends up in all of the numbers bolded, and it also bolds
the
text. Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Colleen.

--
Colleen-

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gem Gem is offline

i have the same problem but the solution to Suzanne's problem wouldn't work
for me although it used to... i have a numbered list (1 to 10), but i want
numbers 3 and 4 bolded. now i know that if i bold the paragraph mark, the
number for said paragraph will be bolded as well but for some reason this
doesn't work for me anymore nowadays with documents i create, but when i open
documents that i didn't create, it works (i can bold the number by just
bolding the paragraph mark). i think it may have something to do with my
settings, but which setting(s)? i have Word 2003 and i make sure that the
Font Style field under "Font" in the "Customize Outline Numbered List" is
blank...

help!

Gem

"Colleen" wrote:

Hi. I am trying to bold 4 out of 8 automatic numbers. As well I want
just the first 4 numbers bold, not the text that follows. Everything I
have tried ends up in all of the numbers bolded, and it also bolds the
text. Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Colleen.

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gem Gem is offline

i have a similar problem, but for some reason, the solution wouldn't work for
me. i know that if i bold the paragraph mark, the number would get bolded as
well for said paragraph, but for some reason, this doesn't happen anymore
with documents i create. it works for documents that i didn't create. it
seems that somehow my formatting for the paragraph mark no longer affects my
numbers. could it be something with my settings? i have Word 2003. i've
made sure that the font style field under "Font" in the "Customize Outline
Numbered List" is blank (and not set to just Regular, in case this prevents
my number from being bolded when i bold the paragraph mark), but still, my
formatting for my paragraph mark won't affect the format of the number for
said paragraph eventhough i want it to....

Gem

"Colleen" wrote:

Hi. I am trying to bold 4 out of 8 automatic numbers. As well I want
just the first 4 numbers bold, not the text that follows. Everything I
have tried ends up in all of the numbers bolded, and it also bolds the
text. Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Colleen.

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

In my opinion, use of the capital I would enhance he readability of your
post greatly and encourage more to reply...

"Colleen" wrote:

Hi. I am trying to bold 4 out of 8 automatic numbers. As well I want
just the first 4 numbers bold, not the text that follows. Everything I
have tried ends up in all of the numbers bolded, and it also bolds the
text. Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Colleen.

--
Colleen

Creating dynamic cross reference links in a Word document torajudo Microsoft Word Help 5 April 27th 23 08:57 PM
Body Text vs Normal Adrian Formatting Long Documents 13 March 9th 06 05:01 AM
Bold and Italic not staying on / Cannot alter font style? pablo Microsoft Word Help 6 February 24th 06 03:21 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
numbering in text box Cath Microsoft Word Help 2 November 24th 04 03:15 PM