Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gnGracie gnGracie is offline
Junior Member

Default How to set up Outlook Contacts for mail merge

I've exported my outlook contacts to a file on my desktop to use for
mail merge, and when I try to set up a new profile in Word (during the
mail merge wizard), I keep getting this message:

Unable to obtain list of tables from the data source.

How do I set my Outlook Contacts as the source for mail merge to pull
files from. I'm so frustrated with this program!

BTW, is outlook Contacts stored as "outlook.pst" ?

Thanks for any help. Gonna walk away for a while now and cool off.

Brandy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you take a look at See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
to which Graham Mayor pointed you.

You start Outlook and do it from there.

contacts, but as well as that, it contains all of the messages that you have
in Outlook

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.