Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silver Spur Wines

Default "Not Resonding" error when I open up Word

I get a "Not Responding" error message when I try to open a Word document. I
can open .doc files if I go through "My Documents" folder. However, if I try
to make changes to the file, the same error message appears. This problem is
carrying over to Outlook, where I can't attach .doc files to emails. This
problem just appeared in the last week.

Any help would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install
security update MS06-015"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Silver Spur Wines" wrote:

I get a "Not Responding" error message when I try to open a Word document. I
can open .doc files if I go through "My Documents" folder. However, if I try
to make changes to the file, the same error message appears. This problem is
carrying over to Outlook, where I can't attach .doc files to emails. This
problem just appeared in the last week.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 "Problems in Windows
Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update
MS06-015".

If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry
yourself, then go to
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll
down to Item No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software -
Fix". Download and run the script to automatically modify your
registry as described in KB918165. You may need to temporarily
disable your antivirus program in order to run the script.

It is anticipated that Microsoft will release a revised version
of the MS06-015 update on Tuesday, April 25.

Silver Spur Wines wrote:

I get a "Not Responding" error message when I try to open a Word document. I
can open .doc files if I go through "My Documents" folder. However, if I try
to make changes to the file, the same error message appears. This problem is
carrying over to Outlook, where I can't attach .doc files to emails. This
problem just appeared in the last week.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See: You may experience problems in Windows Explorer or in the Windows shell
after you install security update MS06-015
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry yourself, then
go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item
No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix". Download and run
the script to automatically modify your registry as described in KB918165.
You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus program in order to run
the script.

A revised version of the update is supposed to be released on Tuesday, April
25, to fix these problems.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Silver Spur Wines" Silver Spur wrote in
message ...