Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moose Hockey Moose Hockey is offline

Default "Number of copies" does not change in Word 2002

I am not sure if the question has been asked before. If it has, then I
apologize.

This problem is an intermittent problem. A user will print 4 copies of a
Word doc, by clicking file, print and then changing the "number of copies" to
4. The user will then try to print one copy of another doc by using the
printer icon on the toolbar.

Instead of printing one copy, 4 are printed.

The version of Word is 2002 SP3, Windows XP Pro. SP2. The printer is a local
printer, HP LaserJet 2200D, pcl 5e

It is a local printer, HP LaserJet 2200D,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pop` Pop` is offline

Moose Hockey wrote:
I am not sure if the question has been asked before. If it has, then I
apologize.

This problem is an intermittent problem. A user will print 4 copies
of a Word doc, by clicking file, print and then changing the "number
of copies" to
4. The user will then try to print one copy of another doc by using
the printer icon on the toolbar.

Instead of printing one copy, 4 are printed.

The version of Word is 2002 SP3, Windows XP Pro. SP2. The printer is
a local printer, HP LaserJet 2200D, pcl 5e

It is a local printer, HP LaserJet 2200D,

Until you close Word, it keeps that setting. Either use the File Print
again and reset it to 1, or close/open Word will reset it.

Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This has never been my experience in any version of Word. The Print dialog
*always* resets to 1 copy as a default. I leave Word open all day and have
never printed multiple copies when I didn't intend to.