Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Old Guy Old Guy is offline

Default "my places" bar keeps popping up every time I open word document

Every time I try opening up a word document the "my places" bar pops up and
take forever to load. Any suggestions
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Places Bar is a fundamental part of the Open and Save dialogs. Perhaps
you have a mapped network drive that is disconnected? See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313937 for description of a similar problem.

http://word.mvps.org