Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Onevoice Onevoice is offline

Default "OfficeWatson" and row of boxes separating text.

I have a row of boxes running left to right separating paragraphs. When I try
to delete it it reappears above or below the previous or preceding paragraph.
I tried closing all programs and restarting window and had a message saying
"OfficeWatson" is not shutting down.

Can you help? Did I accidentally turn something on?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

Are these boxes a picture, a table, or individual text boxes?

If they are in a picture, Right click the picture and choose properties or
Format Picture. Go to the Layout Tab and select In Line with Text and click
OK. Click the picture once and hit the delete key on your keyboard. Did it
work?

If the boxes are part of a table, click anywhere in the table and select the
Table Menu. Next click Select and then Table. The entire table shoud become
highlighted. Select Table | Delete | Table. Did it work?

Individual text boxes can be tricky to delete. You need to click on them
and then click the Border of the box to select it. Then you can hit the
Delete key on your keyboard.

I hope one of these steps helps!

"Onevoice" wrote:

I have a row of boxes running left to right separating paragraphs. When I try
to delete it it reappears above or below the previous or preceding paragraph.
I tried closing all programs and restarting window and had a message saying
"OfficeWatson" is not shutting down.

Can you help? Did I accidentally turn something on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I don't know about Office Watson, but I'm going to guess that it's unrelated
to your row of boxes. You probably hit several asterisks and then enter to
create a row of little black boxes.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm for a
possible solution.

I hope this helps.