Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default "Notify me of replies" not working

Morning everyone.
I have noticed for the pass few days that the function (notably flaky but
usually ok) is not working - at least for me.
Has this been reported, to whom, where, how?
Is it working for anyone else?
I know I should not use the Internet forum access, I do use the Outlook
Express acces at home, but OE is block at work by policy, so better than
nothing.
Many thanks
--
Hope this helps
DeanH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have tested it myself a few occasions (but not recently). I believe that
sometimes it *is* actually working, even though you get an error message.

Also, someone suggested that it might work better if you access the long
list of newsgroups at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
instead of the short one seen on Office online.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DeanH" wrote in message
Morning everyone.
I have noticed for the pass few days that the function (notably flaky but
usually ok) is not working - at least for me.
Has this been reported, to whom, where, how?
Is it working for anyone else?
I know I should not use the Internet forum access, I do use the Outlook
Express acces at home, but OE is block at work by policy, so better than
nothing.
Many thanks
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Hello Stefan, thanks for the response.
I do use the 'long list' as per your link.
When I click on 'Notify me of replies' I don't get any error message.
I know what you are describing as in the past I would get an error message
but a reply would arrive eventually, but have not had that for some time.
But I noticed late last week that I got no replies at all, I even tried
changing my email on my profile (from work to personal, and back again,
etc.), , activated some replies, waited several days, noted activity on the
postings, but no replies were received.
I even removed from my profile the list of notifications, just in case I had
hit a limit.
But no joy :-(
Do you know who I can contact, or is this the best place?
Many thanks
DeanH

"DeanH" wrote in message
Morning everyone.
I have noticed for the pass few days that the function (notably flaky but
usually ok) is not working - at least for me.
Has this been reported, to whom, where, how?
Is it working for anyone else?
I know I should not use the Internet forum access, I do use the Outlook
Express acces at home, but OE is block at work by policy, so better than
nothing.
Many thanks
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Of course when I said "I even removed the list of notifications", I did then
activate some new ones and have not received any replies.
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"DeanH" wrote in message
Morning everyone.
I have noticed for the pass few days that the function (notably flaky but
usually ok) is not working - at least for me.
Has this been reported, to whom, where, how?
Is it working for anyone else?
I know I should not use the Internet forum access, I do use the Outlook
Express acces at home, but OE is block at work by policy, so better than
nothing.
Many thanks
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, this has been reported to MS, and I believe someone is (supposedly)
working on it.

http://word.mvps.org

"DeanH" wrote in message
Morning everyone.
I have noticed for the pass few days that the function (notably flaky
but
usually ok) is not working - at least for me.
Has this been reported, to whom, where, how?
Is it working for anyone else?
I know I should not use the Internet forum access, I do use the
Outlook
Express acces at home, but OE is block at work by policy, so better
than
nothing.
Many thanks
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

"DeanH" wrote in message
Do you know who I can contact, or is this the best place?

If you're having difficulty with the web interface on Microsoft's site then
this is the best place to report the issue. MVPs can report any issue and
check to see if what you are encountering has already been reported. :-)

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Suzanne, many thanks. I wait with baited breath...
;-)
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"DeanH" wrote in message
Morning everyone.
I have noticed for the pass few days that the function (notably flaky
but
usually ok) is not working - at least for me.
Has this been reported, to whom, where, how?
Is it working for anyone else?
I know I should not use the Internet forum access, I do use the
Outlook
Express acces at home, but OE is block at work by policy, so better
than
nothing.
Many thanks
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Beth, many thanks, Suzanne has reported that this is being looked into. So
cross-fingers :-)

--
Hope this helps
DeanH