Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SoCalGal

Default "Mini-months" on calendar pages

I am making a photo calendar and want to print the calendar on 12 full
pages which will be opposite 12 full page photos. I downloaded the Microsoft
Office template for "2006 calendar (basic)," version "Word 2000 or later."
The template does not include the little versions of the previous and coming
months on each monthly calendar page, and I would like to add those. I
haven't seen a way to do this- I'd appreciate any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SoCalGal

I might do that for next year's calendar, but I've already customized colors
and fonts, put in all the birthdays and other dates, etc. in this Word
calendar for 2006 and was hoping there was a simple way to add the
mini-months. Thanks for the tip though, I'll keep in in mind next year.

"SoCalGal" wrote in message
I am making a photo calendar and want to print the calendar on 12 full
pages which will be opposite 12 full page photos. I downloaded the

Microsoft
Office template for "2006 calendar (basic)," version "Word 2000 or later."
The template does not include the little versions of the previous and

coming
months on each monthly calendar page, and I would like to add those. I
haven't seen a way to do this- I'd appreciate any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Gal,

The 2006 basic calendar template
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT011653371033

doesn't leave a lot of room for adding the thumbnail calendars in with the format it uses and many of the other 'Word' templates use
a lot of tiny tables for the individual months. That can make Word very slow to work and also can make trying to paste things
rather 'difficult'. (Trying to copy a one month table from Word then using Edit=Paste special=Enhanced Metafile then resizing
seems to lose some of the formatting lines from the original 'big' table).

One of the things you may find useful is to download one of the Excel calendar templates such as this one.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT011653371033

It uses multiple Excel cells for each month. What you can do is apply your color choices in Excel to match what you've done in
Word, then select a month, copy it and then go to Word and use Edit=Paste Special=Bitmap to put in a graphic of the calendar then
resize it and position it to fit as you want. (Set Tools=Options=Edit to position graphics 'in front of text')

Another choice would be to insert a link to each month's cell range in Excel from your Word calendar, but it may be a bit iffy to
maintain your page layout.

========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SoCalGal

Hi Bob,
I tried your suggestion using the Excel calendar template and copying and
pasting into my Word calendar. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much- you
da man!