Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hobart Hudson

Default "insufficient memory"

When I paste graphs into Word 2003 from Excel the paste is instantaneous.
When I paste graphs from AutoCAD they take a full 60 seconds and a message
appears saying I have insufficient memory. When I click OK the graph appears
instantly. Word 2000 pastes AutoCAD drawings instantly without the
"insufficient memory" message. Is there a cure for this bug in Word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SG9iYXJ0IEh1ZHNvbg==?=,

When I paste graphs into Word 2003 from Excel the paste is instantaneous.
When I paste graphs from AutoCAD they take a full 60 seconds and a message
appears saying I have insufficient memory. When I click OK the graph appears
instantly. Word 2000 pastes AutoCAD drawings instantly without the
"insufficient memory" message. Is there a cure for this bug in Word 2003?

Go into Edit/Paste Special. What's selected in the list box?

My guess is that Word 2003 may be trying to insert the AutoCad graph as an OLE
object and is having trouble incorporating the application bits into the
document. Try pasting in a picture format and see if that's any better.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)