browncat browncat is offline
Junior Member

Default Word macro - find formatted text

We commonly use one of the following placeholders to indicate something to check before completing a document. I would like to build a macro that is initiated when printing or saving that searches for:

? and red text and highlighted text.

I want it to start searching at the beginning of the document and let the document author modify the text or click Next - as he could if the Find routine was run from the drop-down menu.

Can anyone suggest the right code?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure a macro would be the best solution...

Note that you could make use of Track Changes or comments; these would
be visible to editors and you can have Word alert you on saving and
printing if there is markup in the document.

However, if you really do want a macro solution, try asking in the
programming forum of the Microsoft community
(http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...tomize?tab=all) or
the Word Developers forum at MSDN
(http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...rddev/threads).

--