lanzcc lanzcc is offline
Junior Member

Default printable rulers for paper submission

I am trying to follow the instructions below for inserting printable left & right rulers into a paper for submission to ACL2019. I am able to copy the text box from the ACL2019 example word template, but I am unable to update the numbers as the instructions say (F9 key). Can anyone help? Thanks!

In this Word template, you can add the ruler to each individual page by copying it from another page. The Ruler consists of separate left-hand rulers and right-hand rulers. Each ruler is a text box, sized 10 in x 0.45 in, flushed with the sides of the page, with a table containing numbers. The table has no borders, and the edges are pushed to the edges of the textbox. The left part of the ruler is justified left, left indent 0.1 in/right indent 0 in, and saved in the “ACL Ruler Left” style; and the right-hand ruler, justified right had left indent 0 in/right indent 0.1 in, saved in the “ACL Ruler Right” style. Number text is in Arial, and spacing between each line is Multiple, 1.05 in, with 4.5 pt below each line. After pasting a new ruler onto a page, highlight the ruler text and press F9 to update the numbers. Align the text box Middle, and Center, and then Arrange Behind Text.