Bill1948

Default How do I prevent the mouse from disrupting content typing while w.

Find that when typing in Word that if contact is made with mouse pad the
content will shift to last point touched by pointer. Is this a bug in
software or in laptop?
Genine

It's certainly not a bug in Word's software. It's just one of those things
you get when you use a laptop with a touchpad. (I hate the darn things).

The awful thing is that if you add a mouse, the trackpad is still enabled,
so it doesn't solve anything! The only thing you could do is reduce the
trackpad sensitivity (which might end up being even more annoying), or attach
a proper keyboard to your laptop (not practical if you're using it on a
train, but OK in the office or on the desk at home).
Genine

"Bill1948" wrote:

Find that when typing in Word that if contact is made with mouse pad the
content will shift to last point touched by pointer. Is this a bug in
software or in laptop?

Graham Mayor

Neither - that's what the touch pad does. Keep your hands off it!