Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Default Text Box Macro

I'm trying to record a macro that will draw a small text box on a Word form.
When I turn on record macro, the draw text box and auto shape selections are
not available. Is there a way to add the text box to the form with a macro?

Thanks.
--
akkrug
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm sure there is but it would have to be written into the macro rather than
being recorded. The mouse cannot be used for any purpose within the doc
while recording a macro.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"akkrug" wrote in message
I'm trying to record a macro that will draw a small text box on a Word
form.
When I turn on record macro, the draw text box and auto shape selections
are
not available. Is there a way to add the text box to the form with a
macro?

Thanks.
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Do you know what command I would have to put in the macro to draw and size
the box? I haven't done much with macros other than those I've recorded.

Thanks for trying!!
--
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote:

I'm trying to record a macro that will draw a small text box on a Word form.
When I turn on record macro, the draw text box and auto shape selections are
not available. Is there a way to add the text box to the form with a macro?

Thanks.
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What version of Word are you using? I stand corrected after playing around a
little - the Drawing tools should be usable while recording a macro.

I have a feeling that your problem is that the form is locked for editing
You'll need to unlock the form before you can make *any* changes.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"akkrug" wrote:

I'm trying to record a macro that will draw a small text box on a Word
form.
When I turn on record macro, the draw text box and auto shape selections
are
not available. Is there a way to add the text box to the form with a
macro?

Thanks.
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

I have Word 2000, 2002 and 2003 on my PC. I usually use 2003. The file I
was trying to record the macro in was not locked, but I'll give it another
try.

Thanks.

Ken K. --
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote:

I'm trying to record a macro that will draw a small text box on a Word
form.
When I turn on record macro, the draw text box and auto shape selections
are
not available. Is there a way to add the text box to the form with a
macro?

Thanks.
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Well, in your first post you said the doc was a "Word form". If it really is
a form it is Protected [locked] and only certain portions of it can be
modified and only certain changes are allowed in those areas unless the
protection is turned Off.

Perhaps it would help if you clarify what it is you're working with, what
your intended objective is & how the result is to be used.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"akkrug" wrote:

I'm trying to record a macro that will draw a small text box on a Word
form.
When I turn on record macro, the draw text box and auto shape
selections
are
not available. Is there a way to add the text box to the form with a
macro?

Thanks.
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

I just wanted to create a macro that will draw a box on the bottom of a Word
document, preferably in the footer Once it works, I'll put it on a toolbar
and use it for all of our documents that require the box.

Thanks.

--
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote:

I'm trying to record a macro that will draw a small text box on a Word
form.
When I turn on record macro, the draw text box and auto shape
selections
are
not available. Is there a way to add the text box to the form with a
macro?

Thanks.
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

We download numerous Word files from an outside vendor and just want to add a
text box to each form before we convert it to a format our mainframe can
handle. We were just hoping for an easy way to draw the text box, not that
it is tough to just draw the box!!

Thanks.

Ken K. - 2191
--