Lynn

Default How can I type a fraction for a half or a quarter?

Wanting to type the fraction 'a half'. Used to be this key on a typewriter in
the ancient past!! How can I do it now?
SVC

Under Tools AutoCorrect, on the AutoFormat as You Type and the AutoFormat
tabs check the box "Fractions...." This covers just a few fractions, but
should satisfy your needs.

"Lynn" wrote:

Wanting to type the fraction 'a half'. Used to be this key on a typewriter in
the ancient past!! How can I do it now?

If you have not changed Word's default settings you should be getting ½ and
¼ when you type 1/2 and 1/4. If this is not happening, then go to Tools |
AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type and check the box for
"Fractions (1/2) with fraction character (½). For other fractions, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm