Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Teacher_Becky Teacher_Becky is offline

Default side by side text and table/figures - How?

Using Word 2007, what is the best, least problematic, way of typing an
outline on the left side of the page and having tables and figures on the
right hand every so often? Something similar to a textbook where you have
images down one side and then you have your main body of text. My problem is
with the tables, not the outline.

I've used images before and just formatted the object to be square so that I
could place it on my page and the text go around it. I don't see that same
type of option for a table or Smart Art figures. I having trouble with
getting the tables to stay put.

Thanks for any help or ideas you can give me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Teacher_Becky wrote:
Using Word 2007, what is the best, least problematic, way of typing an
outline on the left side of the page and having tables and figures on
the right hand every so often? Something similar to a textbook where
you have images down one side and then you have your main body of
text. My problem is with the tables, not the outline.

I've used images before and just formatted the object to be square so
that I could place it on my page and the text go around it. I don't
see that same type of option for a table or Smart Art figures. I
having trouble with getting the tables to stay put.

Thanks for any help or ideas you can give me.

For a table, when the cursor is in the table, click the Table Tools Layout
tab. Click the Properties button on the left end of the ribbon. In the
dialog, click the Around button. If necessary, you can click the Positioning
button to the right of the Around button, and set an absolute or relative
position.

For SmartArt, you can right-click the object and choose Text Wrapping
Square; or select the object, click SmartArt Tools Format Arrange Text
Wrapping Square.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman