Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Richard Lewis Haggard Richard Lewis Haggard is offline

Default Need to allow for .125 inch 'bleed'

The printer that is going to publish my document says "there must be .125
inches extra all around on any pages that bleed so" I must "enlarge the
cover pages to be an extra .125 all around." How can this be done?

The original document was written as a single document of 134 pages. The
first page is a cover page and is all black with an image in it. The last
page, obviously, is the back cover page and it is also all black with an
image centered within it. How can this document be formatted so that its
contents stay the same but the front and back covers only are changed so as
to meet the printer's requirements for 'bleed'?

A caveat - I'm not particularly well versed in Word '07 so any instructions
must be of the sort one would use to explain something to a rather dull
rutabaga or maybe even senior level management. The instructions must be
explicit and detailed or it is highly likely won't understand.

Thanks!
--
Richard Lewis Haggard
General: www.Haggard-And-Associates.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Richard,

You could define a custom paper size for your document, using dimensions that are 0.25in larger than what you now have, then
increase the margins all round by 0.125in.

You can define the custom paper size by clicking 'Page Layout' then the small arrow on the 'Page Setup' panel, followed by the
'Paper' tab and selecting 'Custom size' from the 'paper size' dropdown. Simply increase both dimensions by 0.25in.

You can increase the margin size by 0.125in by clicking on 'Margins' on the 'Page Setup' panel, followed by 'Custom margins' at the
bottom of the dialogue box, then increasing the margins all round.

You should re-check your document after this to make sure everything is still in place, and you may need to enlarge the black
background on your cover page.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

Printing a Full Bleed Adam Page Layout 1 December 30th 05 03:44 PM
Bleed to edge printing Vicky Microsoft Word Help 0 October 14th 05 05:31 PM
How do I set my document to bleed to the edges when printing? BJF Page Layout 1 June 7th 05 11:11 PM
Printing two 5.5x8.5 inch pages side by side on one 8.5x11 inch pa Dean Cameron Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 05 11:07 PM
How do I get a full bleed for my letterhead? celisewood Page Layout 1 January 6th 05 05:47 PM