Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
pegasus pegasus is offline

Default background not printing like on the screen

Hi
I designed & printed in word a document that had graphics, text & a 2 colour
horixzonal background. I printed one similar to this before & had no problem
with how it printed. It looked exactly as on the screen.
I have another one that I am printing & have found that the 2 tones print
out more in strips. The colours are the same but there is more of them.
Please help .
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See the following KB article:

When you print a Word 2003 or Word 2002 document that includes a
background, the background does not print
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906306/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"pegasus" wrote in message
Hi
I designed & printed in word a document that had graphics, text & a

2 colour
horixzonal background. I printed one similar to this before & had no

problem
with how it printed. It looked exactly as on the screen.
I have another one that I am printing & have found that the 2 tones

print
out more in strips. The colours are the same but there is more of

them.
Please help .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Pegasus,

What were the steps you used to create or insert the background?
Do you get the same effect using either
File=Print Preview
or
File=WebPage Preview?

==========
"pegasus" wrote in message ...
Hi
I designed & printed in word a document that had graphics, text & a 2 colour
horixzonal background. I printed one similar to this before & had no problem
with how it printed. It looked exactly as on the screen.
I have another one that I am printing & have found that the 2 tones print
out more in strips. The colours are the same but there is more of them.
Please help .
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are quite right. Obviously, I didn't read the original message
carefully.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
KB 906306 addresses a different issue: the BG not printing at all
(for
obvious reasons). In the OP's case, he's getting unwanted banding.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.