Judee

Default Indented paragraphs - full justification, but not last line.

I have a paragraph that is indented and I want the entire paragraph fullly
justified, but not the last line.

Ctrl+J will justify all but the last line.

"Judee" wrote in message
I have a paragraph that is indented and I want the entire paragraph fullly
justified, but not the last line.

Judee

Ctrl+J did not work, the last line is still full justified. Could this be
because the paragraph numbered and is indented?

"Judee" wrote in message
I have a paragraph that is indented and I want the entire paragraph fullly
justified, but not the last line.

Indents and numbers have nothing to do with it. The last line will not be
justified unless it ends in a line break instead of a paragraph break.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+J will justify all but the last line.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Judee" wrote in message
I have a paragraph that is indented and I want the entire paragraph

fullly
justified, but not the last line.

Stefan Blom

Are you pressing ENTER at the end of each line? If so, you are in fact
creating paragraphs in Word, which explains why all lines (paragraphs)
are being justified.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"Judee" wrote in message
I have a paragraph that is indented and I want the entire

paragraph fullly
justified, but not the last line.

Nope, wrong way round. If you press Enter at the end of each line, no line
will be justified. But Enter is required at the end of the paragraph. In
text pasted from the Web, there may be a line break at the end of each line,
with two line breaks between "paragraphs." This is not obvious unless you
display nonprinting characters (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Are you pressing ENTER at the end of each line? If so, you are in fact
creating paragraphs in Word, which explains why all lines (paragraphs)
are being justified.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"Judee" wrote in message
I have a paragraph that is indented and I want the entire

paragraph fullly
justified, but not the last line.

Stefan Blom

Of course! Apparently, I was thinking backwards when I wrote this
response. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+J will justify all but the last line.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.