Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Basilisk Pie

Default Word2003 vs Pixma5000 printer: duplexing error? padding page at FR

'Trying to Duplex Print (2-sided printing) on Canon Pixma5000 printer. With
ODD length file (e.g. 3 or 5 pages) the printer is putting the (necessary)
blank page BEFORE page 1: page two and three are on same same while page 1
and blank page are on same sheet. Obviously pages 1 and 2 should be on one
sheet and the blank page should follow page 3.

Pixma is doing Automatic Duplex, but I think is also occured with Manual
mode (where you turn over stack to print back side).

There is no problem with even-page files (which have no added blank page).

This problem does NOT occur with Notepad .txt files.

The problem occurs whether one prints Forward or Reverse (e.g. whether page
one is first or last page printed).

The problem is evident even in Print-Preview display.

The problem occurs whether using "Staple Long Left" or "... Right" mode.

I haven't a clue why this is occuring or how to get the blank page to
"print" after the last page. HELP! Thanks...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Basilisk Pie

Oh brother... what a waste of time.

The Problem is now understood: both Word and the Printer driver have Reverse
Printing options.

When Word's Reverse print option is set, it send the pages to the printer in
reverse order.

Duplexing pads odd-length files after the last page it receives, and when
Word has the Reverse Print option set that last page is Page 1!!

But... I didn't know Word had that option and the computer's owner didn't
know anything of it either -- although it was set.

So... the Word option of Reverse printing is now obsolete and probably a
questionable feature.