Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
trish morpeth trish morpeth is offline

Default Mailmerge

I am trying to print two different membership cards on one page. How do I do
it? The cards are pre-printed with spaces for names, nos. etc. but there are
2 of them to a sheet. I can't tear them in half as they wont go through the
printer consistently straight.
I'm using Access 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can do this with a formletter type mail merge, using your Access data as
a mail merge data source. You will need to position two sets of the merge
fields in the appropriate positions so that they line up with the spaces on
the pre-printed cards. The best way to do that may be to insert a table
into the mail merge main document with the cells of the table set to fixed
dimensions so that the mergefields are in the right place. In front of the
first mergefield in the second set of merge fields, insert a Next Record
field (via the InsertWord Fields button.

I would suggest that you turn on the display of the mailmerge toolbar by
selecting Toolbars from the View menu and then check the Mail Merge item.

It may also help you to see the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on
fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"trish morpeth" trish wrote in message
I am trying to print two different membership cards on one page. How do I
do
it? The cards are pre-printed with spaces for names, nos. etc. but there
are
2 of them to a sheet. I can't tear them in half as they wont go through
the
printer consistently straight.
I'm using Access 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
trish morpeth trish morpeth is offline

Many thanks.. My next problem is when there are only 3 lines of address
instead of the 4 fields which I've inserted. It then distorts the next
record and/or the other part of the membership card by being a row too high.

"trish morpeth" wrote:

I am trying to print two different membership cards on one page. How do I do
it? The cards are pre-printed with spaces for names, nos. etc. but there are
2 of them to a sheet. I can't tear them in half as they wont go through the
printer consistently straight.
I'm using Access 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

My next problem is when there are only 3 lines of address
instead of the 4 fields which I've inserted.

Try one of the following:
a. use Insert|Symbol|"Special Characters" to insert an "Em space", "En
space" or "1/4 En space" character at the end of each line that could
contain a blank field. Don't use a "Non-breaking space" - it's not enough.
b. or click Tools|Customize|Commands, select catageory All Commands, then
locate MailMergeHelper in the list of commands in the right hand column and
drag it to a toolbar. Close the Customize dialog, click the icon you just
created, click the Merge.. button under "3", select the Print Blank Lines
when Data fields are Empty option, then close the dialog.
c. or if you know how to use VBA you can do the same as (b) using

Sub NoSuppressBlankLines()
ActiveDocument.MailMerge.SuppressBlankLines = False
End Sub

There are other possible ways but if none of those work, something else is
probably wrong...

Peter Jamieson

"trish morpeth" wrote:

I am trying to print two different membership cards on one page. How do I
do
it? The cards are pre-printed with spaces for names, nos. etc. but there
are
2 of them to a sheet. I can't tear them in half as they wont go through
the
printer consistently straight.
I'm using Access 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
trish morpeth trish morpeth is offline

Thank you so much. I have successfully printed 713 membership cards and have
learned so much with you help. It's so easy when you know the answer.
Trish Morpeth