Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary Gary Gary Gary is offline

Default Single/Double spacing

I never, ever want any document to be double spaced that I work with as
I'm creating all my own documents. Is there any way that I can have a
document automatically convert a double spaced layout to single spaced
upon pasting into my Word 2007 program? Also I'd like the font to be
converted as well. Presently I'm using Verdana and find it so easy to
read as well as having great Bold/Non-Bold distinction. Also it would be
great to convert that spacing modification that many people love to insert
(before and after a point) in so many documents. Why do people want to
waste vertical space I wonder? Don't waste paper!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On the Home tab, click Paste, and then click Paste Special; choose to paste
as "Unformatted Text"; this formats the pasted text according to the
formatting at the insertion point.

Note, however, that when you are pasting as unformatted text, you will
*only* get the text. No graphics will be pasted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gary Gary" wrote in message
news
I never, ever want any document to be double spaced that I work with as
I'm creating all my own documents. Is there any way that I can have a
document automatically convert a double spaced layout to single spaced
upon pasting into my Word 2007 program? Also I'd like the font to be
converted as well. Presently I'm using Verdana and find it so easy to
read as well as having great Bold/Non-Bold distinction. Also it would be
great to convert that spacing modification that many people love to insert
(before and after a point) in so many documents. Why do people want to
waste vertical space I wonder? Don't waste paper!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary Gary Gary Gary is offline

Another perfect answer from Stefan! Thanks! You should work for
Microsoft! It worked like a charm.

On the Home tab, click Paste, and then click Paste Special;choose to
paste as "Unformatted Text"; this formats the pasted text according to
the
formatting at the insertion point.
Note, however, that when you are pasting as unformatted text, you will
*only* get the text. No graphics will be pasted.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Thank you very much for your feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gary Gary" wrote in message
news
Another perfect answer from Stefan! Thanks! You should work for
Microsoft! It worked like a charm.

On the Home tab, click Paste, and then click Paste Special;choose to
paste as "Unformatted Text"; this formats the pasted text according to
the
formatting at the insertion point.
Note, however, that when you are pasting as unformatted text, you will
*only* get the text. No graphics will be pasted.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, you'll need something like this:

Sub PasteUnformatted()
On Error Resume Next
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText

End Sub

If you need help installing the macro, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP