Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
elton99999 elton99999 is offline

Default How to apply a new Quick Style to already existing documents?

How do I apply a new Quick Style to already existing documents -- not only to
new blank documenrts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Are you referring to a single Quick Style or an entire Quick Style Set? If
the latter then the existing document needs to be formatted with the same
styles (names) as those in the Quick Style Set. So if the document contains
manual formatting only, or uses styles that aren't found in the Quick Style
Set, then when you select a new Quick Style Set you won't see any changes
made to the document. If that's the case then you need to format the
document using the styles in the Quick Style Set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"elton99999" wrote in message
How do I apply a new Quick Style to already existing documents -- not only
new blank documenrts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Rebey Bill Rebey is offline

Default So what's the actual answer??

So how do I apply a Quick Style Set to existing documents?

Also, how do I distribute a Quick Style Set to other people in my complany?

How do they install and apply those Quick Style Sets to existing and new documents?

elton9999 wrote:

How to apply a new Quick Style to already existing documents?
01-Jan-08

How do I apply a new Quick Style to already existing documents -- not only to
new blank documenrts?

On Tuesday, January 01, 2008 4:06 PM
elton9999 wrote:

How to apply a new Quick Style to already existing documents?
How do I apply a new Quick Style to already existing documents -- not only to
new blank documenrts?

On Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:10 AM
Beth Melton wrote:

Are you referring to a single Quick Style or an entire Quick Style Set?
Are you referring to a single Quick Style or an entire Quick Style Set? If
the latter then the existing document needs to be formatted with the same
styles (names) as those in the Quick Style Set. So if the document contains
manual formatting only, or uses styles that aren't found in the Quick Style
Set, then when you select a new Quick Style Set you won't see any changes
made to the document. If that's the case then you need to format the
document using the styles in the Quick Style Set.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"elton99999" wrote in message

MSDE (Microsoft Data Engine) Performance
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...data-engi.aspx