leftfoot

Default firstpage header inserts when i change page orientation - help??.

I have a template that has headers and footers that are different from the
first page. But when I try to change the orientation of a new page, from
portrait to landscape, Microsoft Word inserts the first page headers! How
can I stop that from happening??
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:19:04 -0800, "leftfoot"
wrote:

I have a template that has headers and footers that are different from the
first page. But when I try to change the orientation of a new page, from
portrait to landscape, Microsoft Word inserts the first page headers! How
can I stop that from happening??

When you change the orientation of a page, Word automatically inserts
section breaks so that page becomes its own section (it has to do that
because orientation is a section property). The new section inherits
the "different first page" setting of the previous one. Since the new
page is the first page of the new section, you get the first-page
header. Because the new header defaults to "Same as Previous", you get
the same text as in the first-page header of the preceding section.

To fix this, you can do one of these:

- In File Page Setup Layout, turn off "Different first page" and
set the Apply To box to "This section". If there other sections
following the landscape page, you'll need to do the same to those
sections.

- If you want to keep the header on the landscape page in the portrait
position, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...apeSection.htm.

--
Regards,