Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CMDS

Default sorting by last name

I have 150 pages in Word that I would like to sort based on client LAST NAME,
FIRST NAME. Each page contains the client name and page of text specifcally
about the client which will need to be kept with the name during the alpha
sort. How would I put in a field for LAST NAME, FIRST NAME and have WORD put
each page in order based on alpha order of the client name? The page of text
notes needs to be intact during this sort. I am not sure how to capture the
text on each page so that it includes the client's name where I can later
sort or how to enter a field for client LAST NAME so the I can perform the
sort in Ascending order. Any ideas? Please reply to:
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Your identical post in the mailmerge.fields newsgroup has been answered.
Please do not post the same question separately to multiple newsgroups.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"CMDS" wrote in message
I have 150 pages in Word that I would like to sort based on client LAST
NAME,
FIRST NAME. Each page contains the client name and page of text
specifcally
about the client which will need to be kept with the name during the alpha
sort. How would I put in a field for LAST NAME, FIRST NAME and have WORD
put
each page in order based on alpha order of the client name? The page of
text
notes needs to be intact during this sort. I am not sure how to capture
the
text on each page so that it includes the client's name where I can later
sort or how to enter a field for client LAST NAME so the I can perform the
sort in Ascending order. Any ideas? Please reply to:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If a heading style is applied to the client's name, you can sort in Outline
view. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingOLView.htm

"CMDS" wrote in message
I have 150 pages in Word that I would like to sort based on client LAST

NAME,
FIRST NAME. Each page contains the client name and page of text

specifcally
about the client which will need to be kept with the name during the alpha
sort. How would I put in a field for LAST NAME, FIRST NAME and have WORD

put
each page in order based on alpha order of the client name? The page of

text
notes needs to be intact during this sort. I am not sure how to capture

the
text on each page so that it includes the client's name where I can later
sort or how to enter a field for client LAST NAME so the I can perform the
sort in Ascending order. Any ideas? Please reply to:

sorting text in a table Madame D Tables 1 November 7th 05 05:49 PM
Need option to ignore quotation marks in sorting bibliography. Syntactician Microsoft Word Help 1 July 6th 05 11:17 PM
Sorting a table while keeping some related rows together Dan Corban Tables 7 January 20th 05 07:31 PM
UNICODE SORTING Rebecca New Users 1 December 27th 04 05:07 PM
Sorting numbers--treating as text faberk Tables 3 December 22nd 04 04:07 PM