Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoJR MoJR is offline

Default Question

This is a re-post from 11-22-06.

The original question was:
A while back, I put a shortcut to a file folder on the menu bar in Word 2003.
I can't remember how I did this? Could you maybe explain what I did please?

What exactly happens when you click this shortcut?

See http://www.gmayor.com/customize_the_word_places_bar.htm

Hmmm. I took this to mean the main menu bar in Word?

On rereading, I suspected you were right, but since many users don't know

the name of the Places Bar, I took a chance.

Graham,

Yes. I meant the main menu bar. However, continuing my search, I came across
an article that dealt with a similar problem and actually fixed the problem.
I found an article written by John McGhie on the MVP site, "Restoring
Customizations Saved in Normal". I had recently lost the tool bars I
created. After reading his article, I followed his instructions and retrieved
my tool bars that included the shortcuts I am referring to.
***My original question is unanswered. The shortcuts open the folder in My
Documents in Windows Explorer that hold the files and folders I frequently
use. Very handy!! I jsut can't remember how I accomplished creating the
shortcuts.***
Thank you,
MoJR

The answer to Grahahm's question is, "The shortcuts open the folder in My
Documents in Windows Explorer that hold the files and folders?"

I would like to know what exactly I did to make this happen?
Thank you,
MoJR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The thread stopped because we had no idea how you did this. There is no
function in Word to do so, so presumably you created a macro to do what you
want - and as you have not answered my last question we cannot even take a
stab at suggesting how to do that.

There are three tools in Word that make it easy to access regularly used
files - and they are the recent file list, the Work menu and the Places
bar - the Places Bar makes the most sense as this is available from all Word
file operation windows.

MoJR wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

There is another possibility - you can create a Hyperlink to a folder from a
toolbar button.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
To add to what Graham has said, only the Places Bar has links to *folders*
as opposed to single files.

so
all may benefit.

MoJR wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which presumably is what the OP has done.

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
There is another possibility - you can create a Hyperlink to a folder from

toolbar button.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
To add to what Graham has said, only the Places Bar has links to

*folders*
as opposed to single files.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

MoJR wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoJR MoJR is offline

Everyone,
The mystery was solved by Tony Jollans. I did indeed create a hyperlink. I'm
not sure why I didn't remember this, but.....
Thank you all very much for helping me. Your patience is above and beyond
what anyone should be asked.
Thank you, thank you!!
MoJR