borders for indented paragraph, with style applied to wider protio

Old January 21st 09, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wildetudor

Default borders for indented paragraph, with style applied to wider protio

I have in my document a style that has upper/lower borders defined. I
selected a portion of text consisting of a few paragraphs and formatted it
with that style. So far so good - the whole portion of text now has a border
above it (before it begins) and a border below it (after it ends).

Then I selected a paragraph somewhere in the middle of this stylized portion
of text, and indented it to the right. For some reason, this earned the
paragraph a pair of borders of its own, even though the style had already
been applied to it through the bigger portion of text that contains it.

How can I rid the middle paragraph of the up/down borders? Here is a visual
of what that looks like - http://www.badongo.com/pic/5124940

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old January 21st 09, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

Format Borders & Shading None

Old January 21st 09, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wildetudor

Default borders for indented paragraph, with style applied to wider pr

Thanks, but I was looking for a solution within the style definition. I don't
want to have to specify that I don't want borders for every single paragraph
that I indent