Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol S. Carol S. is offline

Default Does a template always have to be published for community use?

I would like to create a template for my own use only, since it pertains to a
business application and is confidential. Do all templates have to be made
available for public use?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Carol S. wrote:
I would like to create a template for my own use only, since it
pertains to a business application and is confidential. Do all
templates have to be made available for public use?

As long as the template is only on your computer, it isn't available for
"public use" -- whatever you mean by that. There's no requirement to
distribute any template to any other computer(s) unless you want others to
be able to use it.

What gave you the impression that templates might have to be made public?
Are you in some special environment that forces sharing?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Define "public." What sort of environment are you working in? You should be
able to create a template on your own hard drive, in your own user profile,
that no one would use but you. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

http://word.mvps.org