Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
eileen

Default word won't open data source simple excel file

I am on a mac OSX 10.3.9, for some reason my word docs will not open
any data source error message reads "word was unable to open the data
source". it is a simple excel doc ( i have made sure the excel doc is
closed before doing merge). My system has not been updated lately but
we have changed servers

eileen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You might have more success in a Mac group, however, try setting the
document type to normal word document from the mail merge toolbar, then
re-attach the data source.

eileen wrote:
I am on a mac OSX 10.3.9, for some reason my word docs will not open
any data source error message reads "word was unable to open the data
source". it is a simple excel doc ( i have made sure the excel doc is
closed before doing merge). My system has not been updated lately but
we have changed servers

eileen

How can Word display full path of a file in the title bar? SAsif Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 06 05:32 PM
Word applies direct format on File open Uriel Microsoft Word Help 16 November 27th 05 08:22 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
multiple docs, one data source kp Mailmerge 12 January 31st 05 05:41 PM