Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pugfrick

Default What does it mean when my Save As function no longer works?

Everytime I try to use "Save As", the Save As window opens up, but the moment
I click on any specific function in the window, my computer freezes and then
it says "Save As is not responding". This has never happened before, it just
started once I allowed my computer to update itself. Also ever since my
computer updated itself, a window pops up that says "safeguard is missing a
critical component", and I dont know what that means or if this is
potentially the cause of my problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

For the "save as" problem, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 "Problems in Windows
Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update
MS06-015". Not sure what "safeguard" is, but I don't think it's
part of Microsoft Word or Microsoft Office.