Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] bmurphy@xlrotor.com is offline

Default style question, indent first line, but not first paragraph

In engineering books published by Wiley, in a consecutive series of
paragraphs, the first line of every paragraph is indented except for
the first paragraph.

I have been using a different style for first paragraph, but can this
be done with one style?

Thanks,

Brian Murphy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Not that I know of - any given style can have only one set of
specifications.

What you can do is create "style a" for the first para & "style b" for the
others. Set "b" as the Style for Following Paragraph in the definitions of
both "a" & "b". When you apply "a" , type the para & press Enter each
successive para will have "b" automatically applied until you again apply
"a" or change to something else.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

wrote in message
oups.com...
In engineering books published by Wiley, in a consecutive series of
paragraphs, the first line of every paragraph is indented except for
the first paragraph.

I have been using a different style for first paragraph, but can this
be done with one style?

Thanks,

Brian Murphy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's the way I do it. I have Body Text as the following style for all
left-aligned headings, and Body Text First Indent as the following style for
Body Text.

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
Not that I know of - any given style can have only one set of
specifications.

What you can do is create "style a" for the first para & "style b" for the
others. Set "b" as the Style for Following Paragraph in the definitions of
both "a" & "b". When you apply "a" , type the para & press Enter each
successive para will have "b" automatically applied until you again apply
"a" or change to something else.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

oups.com...

paragraph indent Scotti New Users 1 October 10th 06 03:01 PM
First line paragraph indent not working Boggler Microsoft Word Help 1 December 20th 05 08:01 PM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 3 September 14th 05 10:04 AM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 0 September 12th 05 01:00 PM
Indent the beginning of a paragraph using tab key Kathy Page Layout 2 July 6th 05 03:27 PM