How do I angle the header row in a Word table.

Old December 23rd 08, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ron

Default How do I angle the header row in a Word table.

I am trying to angle the header row at say 45 degrees with the text alignment
going from bottom to top for easier reading. I only need thin columns but
have large headers, so this will save room and make viewing the document
easier.
Old December 23rd 08, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You cannot angle headings in Word (this is possible in Excel), but you can
rotate the text 90 degrees using the Text Direction command.

http://word.mvps.org

Old December 23rd 08, 05:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rae Drysdale

You can rotate 90 degrees and have text running from top to bottom or bottom
to top using the table toolbar in Word 2002/3. It's a letter A with some
lines beside it. When in the cell you want to change, click and it will
rotate, and click again to change direction and a third time to bring back to
original layout. Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale