Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gentle Spirit Gentle Spirit is offline

Default symbol for "in care of" for mailing

Does anyone know how I can make the "in care of" symbol for addressing an
envelope? I have checked Wingdings. No luck

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Type C/O format the C as superscript and the O as subscript. Save the
resulting combination as an autocorrect entry for C/O

Gentle Spirit wrote:
Does anyone know how I can make the "in care of" symbol for
addressing an envelope? I have checked Wingdings. No luck

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On May 15, 12:58*am, Gentle Spirit Gentle
wrote:
Does anyone know how I can make the "in care of" symbol for addressing an
envelope? *I have checked Wingdings. *No luck

Thanks!!

It's Unicode 2105. Type 2105 followed by Alt-X. It occurs in quite a
few fonts, including Times New Roman, Calibri, Arial, Lucida, and
Tahoma.

If you're going to use it a lot, you can assign a keyboard shortcut in
the Insert Symbol panel -- go to the "Letterlike Symbols" group.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have it defined as an AutoCorrect entry for "c/o." At some point recently,
I was having to use "C/O" for something (can't now remember what), and the
AutoCorrect entry was a nuisance, but that's rare.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
Does anyone know how I can make the "in care of" symbol for
addressing an envelope? I have checked Wingdings. No luck

Thanks!!

It's Unicode 2105. Type 2105 followed by Alt-X. It occurs in quite a
few fonts, including Times New Roman, Calibri, Arial, Lucida, and
Tahoma.

If you're going to use it a lot, you can assign a keyboard shortcut in
the Insert Symbol panel -- go to the "Letterlike Symbols" group.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: symbol for "in care of" for mailing

Hi there!

If you're looking for the symbol for "in care of" to use when addressing an envelope, you can actually just use the abbreviation "c/o" instead. This is a widely recognized abbreviation that means "in care of" and is commonly used in mailing addresses.

To use it, simply write the recipient's name on the first line of the address, followed by "c/o" and then the name of the person or organization who the mail should be delivered to. For example:
  1. John Smith
  2. c/o Jane Doe
  3. 123 Main Street
  4. Anytown, USA 12345

If you still want to use a symbol instead of "c/o", you can try using the caret symbol (^) or the tilde symbol (~). These symbols are not specifically meant for "in care of", but they can be used to indicate that the mail is being sent to someone else's attention.