Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim In Minneapolis Jim In Minneapolis is offline

Default How to Make ALL Documents view "100%"?

I get a lot of .doc file attachments in my email. When I click on them to
view, my Word 2007 ends up displaying them with VARIOUS (diferent!) page view
magnifications each time. Some times they'll display around 200%-or-so.
Sometimes around 175%, etc.

QUESTION: I would like ALL of these .doc attachments to initially display
at 100% (full-page view) .. . . withOUT me having to "manually" shrink or
enlarge whatever roll-of-the-dice magnificiation the paticular document
initially displays!

Is there any SIMPLE way to do this? (Note: I do NOT know "VBA" or any
fancy programming. Please keep the answer EASY to implement, ok?)

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Generally, documents open in the view and zoom that they were saved. To set
a specific view for existing documents or templates, just open them and set
the zoom as desired (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm).

However, for documents created by others, you have no control over the
initial view. Instead, you will have to change the settings manually, as
described above.

Alternatively, use a macro to force the desired settings as you open
documents. Read the article at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
and then use the following code in your normal.dotm temploate to force Print
Layout view, with a zoom of 100%:

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.View.Type = 3
ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jim In Minneapolis" wrote in message
I get a lot of .doc file attachments in my email. When I click on them to
view, my Word 2007 ends up displaying them with VARIOUS (diferent!) page
view
magnifications each time. Some times they'll display around 200%-or-so.
Sometimes around 175%, etc.

QUESTION: I would like ALL of these .doc attachments to initially display
at 100% (full-page view) .. . . withOUT me having to "manually" shrink or
enlarge whatever roll-of-the-dice magnificiation the paticular document
initially displays!

Is there any SIMPLE way to do this? (Note: I do NOT know "VBA" or any
fancy programming. Please keep the answer EASY to implement, ok?)

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim In Minneapolis Jim In Minneapolis is offline

Thanks, Stefan

Your macro approach works great.

I appreciate your patience with me.

Jim