Brian

Default How do I copy and paste table rows in Word?

I'm trying to copy and paste some table rows and everytime I try the rows get
placed out to the side instead adding to the end of the table as expected.
For example, I'm trying to use the following form as a template and want to
add additional question/notes rows:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT011391741033

However I've tried eveything I could think of to try to add more rows (iow
copy rows 10-12) and am finding it to be an impossible task with word.

In a moment of desperation I tried using excel to add the rows but couldn't
get the cell margins to format correctly when I pasted them back in.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:40:09 -0700, "Brian"
wrote:

I'm trying to copy and paste some table rows and everytime I try the rows get
placed out to the side instead adding to the end of the table as expected.
For example, I'm trying to use the following form as a template and want to
add additional question/notes rows:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT011391741033

However I've tried eveything I could think of to try to add more rows (iow
copy rows 10-12) and am finding it to be an impossible task with word.

In a moment of desperation I tried using excel to add the rows but couldn't
get the cell margins to format correctly when I pasted them back in.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Brian,

I don't have any problem selecting the three rows (Question, Notes,
and the blank row below) and dragging the cursor to the next row
(which contains the black bar with the Additional Notes heading).

It might be easier, though, to split the table. Put the cursor just
above the Additional Notes bar, and select the menu item Table Split
Table. Now the blank row below Notes will really be the end of the
(first) table, and it should be easier to drag or copy/paste at that
point.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Brian

wrote:

[...]

Just dragging them to the next row doesn't work, it always puts them out to
the side going off of the page when I try that. I'm using Word 2003.

However, splitting the table and then pasting them works.

Thanks!

Klaus Linke

Hi Brian,

Sounds as if you copy cells only, not whole rows.

The important thing is that the end-of-row-marker on the right of the row
must be selected, too.
I usually select rows by click-dragging on the left of them.

Regards,
Klaus

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I am not sure what rows it is that you want to add, but in the case of the
Applicants Interview Notes Form, assuming it is a section that contains the
space for a Question and then two rows for Notes, select those three rows of
the table by Left clicking when the mouse cursor is in the left hand margin
and drag the mouse down to select the three rows, then press Ctrl+c and then
Ctrl+v.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.