Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ayme Ayme is offline

Default Using a 1-cell table as a figure to be listed in a Table of Figure

Using: Office Professional Plus 2007

I need to keep both a List of Tables and a Table of Figures. However, most
of the figures will simply be software programmer's code shown in a 1-cell
table. When I insert a caption and choose Figure instead of the automatic
Table, it updates all my tables as figures. I can't seem to separate these.

I'd like to either find a way to use a 1-cell table as a figure separate
from all other tables, or find another way to display the code in a box with
gray shading/black border.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I cannot replicate that problem here.

If you press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of the field codes, for the
tables you should see

Table { SEQ Table \* ARABIC }

and for the figures, you should see

Figure { SEQ Figure \* ARABIC }

If you have captions that are appearing as Table when they should be Figure,
you can edit the field code by replacing the words Table with Figure.

You can then copy that caption and paste it in the location where you want
another Figure caption.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Ayme" wrote in message
Using: Office Professional Plus 2007

I need to keep both a List of Tables and a Table of Figures. However, most
of the figures will simply be software programmer's code shown in a 1-cell
table. When I insert a caption and choose Figure instead of the automatic
Table, it updates all my tables as figures. I can't seem to separate
these.

I'd like to either find a way to use a 1-cell table as a figure separate
from all other tables, or find another way to display the code in a box
with
gray shading/black border.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Word does like to "help" and this is one instance I have noticed it helping
too much.
Because you are changing the default Table caption to Figure caption, Word
thinks you want to change them all :-(

I tend to Insert the Figure caption away from the table and drag it to the
required location that way you do not "activate" the auto-detect caption
feature.

Hope this helps
DeanH