dominator

Default Mail Merge

I have a word document that is set up as a mail merge letter (I have
also tried email). The mail merge accesses a database and creates the
letter based off of the database fields. One of the fields is a list of
email address that, that particular letter record needs to be sent to. I
know that mail merge does not support CC so I am attempting to combine
email address however when I click the merge to email button it does
nto recognize the email. It is actually combining the differant email
address as if they were just one. I have the email address seperated by
a semicolon and a space. Does anyone know how I can get this to work?
Each letter record must got to 3-4 differant people. A distribution is
not possible as these letter are disciplinary and so the email is to
the employee chain of command for a company that has close to 30,000
employees. I will not be sending out more than 10-20 differant letters
each day though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

--
dominator
Doug Robbins

You would need to use a macro to do this. The sort of code that you will
need is used in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"dominator" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

HI,

OctoTools, my commercial software running on a windows server/workstation
has an easy to use but quite comprehensive mail merge capability along with
automatic processing of email, pdf conversion and form/template design. It
handles the distribution as well as cc, multiple email address, and can
conditionally (based on input criteria) create, send or store just about any
output in any pre-designed format (designer included) that you'd like.
OctoTools is designed to run automatically with medium to high throughputs.
If any of this could be of use or you would like additional information,
please give me a call 978 535-7676 (Boston, MA) or email larry "at"
jbmsystems "dot" com . Thanks and I hope this can be of assistance.

Larry T.