#1   Report Post  

Default "Individual Merge Letters" Add-On Converts Excel Table to Picture

Hi folks! Thank you for taking the time to help. I am working with a client who wants to generate individual Word document "letters" for each of his constituents. The Individual Merge Letters Add-on created by Doug Robbins and Graham Mayor did a fantastic job of splitting the merged Word document into individual files.

However, we have run into one problem that prevents this from being an ideal solution. Within each letter is an embedded Excel table. When using the traditional Mail Merge and creating a single large Word document with the letters, the embedded Excel table is preserved. However, when Individual Merge Letters processes the documents individually, this Excel table is converted into a standard Image.

We need each of these files to preserve the Excel table and formulas so that the individual files can be edited easily later. I've done a great deal of research, but haven't been able to find any alternate versions that are able to preserve this table after splitting into the individual Word files.

If anyone would be able to help me identify a solution to this issue, I would be greatly appreciative!