Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
glr glr is offline

Default Merging address file to Post Card document

This neophyte has been able to design a post card but has encountered one
problem.

The card stock I am using is Avery 5389. Each page has two cards.

After completing the mail merge, the first recipient's address is populating
both cards on the first page and the second recipient's address is populating
both cards on the second page.

I want the second recipient address to print on the second card of the first
page. Accordingly, the third recipient's address should print on the first
card of the second page.

I've tried playing around with inserting a break without success.

I am hopeful I am expressing myself clearly and someone will advise me.

Thanks,

Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You probably need to insert a { NEXT } field efore the fields/text for
the second card on the page.

Use Alt-F9 to reveal the "field codes" in your mail merge main document,
which /probably/ contains a table with 1 column and 2 rows.

Click at the beginning of the second row, then use ctrl-F9 to insert a
pair of the special field code braces { }.

Then type NEXT between them so you have

{ NEXT }

then try the merge again, preferably outputting to a new document.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

glr wrote:
This neophyte has been able to design a post card but has encountered one
problem.

The card stock I am using is Avery 5389. Each page has two cards.

After completing the mail merge, the first recipient's address is populating
both cards on the first page and the second recipient's address is populating
both cards on the second page.

I want the second recipient address to print on the second card of the first
page. Accordingly, the third recipient's address should print on the first
card of the second page.

I've tried playing around with inserting a break without success.

I am hopeful I am expressing myself clearly and someone will advise me.

Thanks,

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
glr glr is offline

glr wrote:
This neophyte has been able to design a post card but has encountered one
problem.

The card stock I am using is Avery 5389. Each page has two cards.

After completing the mail merge, the first recipient's address is populating
both cards on the first page and the second recipient's address is populating
both cards on the second page.

I want the second recipient address to print on the second card of the first
page. Accordingly, the third recipient's address should print on the first
card of the second page.

I've tried playing around with inserting a break without success.

I am hopeful I am expressing myself clearly and someone will advise me.

Thanks,

Greg

Yep that worked...thanks!