Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chippy2 chippy2 is offline

Default Word 2003 - Tracked Changes

In Word 2000 it's possible to display and print tracked changes using just
the vertical bar in the margin (by hiding deletions and colouring insertions
black). I can't work out how to do this in Word 2003 because I can't hide the
deleted text and still show the inserted text. Can anyone help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the Track Changes options dialog, set the inserted text format to Color
Only and set the color to Auto or Black. Set the deleted text format to
Hidden (the color doesn't matter).

If that doesn't work for you, describe exactly what you see in each box of
the dialog, and what happens in the text when you click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

chippy2 wrote:
In Word 2000 it's possible to display and print tracked changes using
just the vertical bar in the margin (by hiding deletions and
colouring insertions black). I can't work out how to do this in Word
2003 because I can't hide the deleted text and still show the
inserted text. Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chippy2 chippy2 is offline

Hi Jay

Thanks for your reply. My Track Changes options dialog box does not have any
options for formatting deleted text, only insertions and format changes.

Regards
Chip

chippy2 wrote:
In Word 2000 it's possible to display and print tracked changes using
just the vertical bar in the margin (by hiding deletions and
colouring insertions black). I can't work out how to do this in Word
2003 because I can't hide the deleted text and still show the
inserted text. Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chippy2 chippy2 is offline

Hi Sarah

Word is not showing me any options for deleted text, only options for
inserted text and format changes.

Chip

chippy2 wrote:
In Word 2000 it's possible to display and print tracked changes using
just the vertical bar in the margin (by hiding deletions and
colouring insertions black). I can't work out how to do this in Word
2003 because I can't hide the deleted text and still show the
inserted text. Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Are you certain that you have Word 2003? That option was left out of Word
2002 but was put back in Word 2003.

In either case, the answer is to use the second macro in
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Put_Track_...k_On_Track.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

In the Track Changes options dialog, set the inserted text format to
Color Only and set the color to Auto or Black. Set the deleted text
format to Hidden (the color doesn't matter).

If that doesn't work for you, describe exactly what you see in each
box of the dialog, and what happens in the text when you click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

chippy2 wrote:
In Word 2000 it's possible to display and print tracked changes
using just the vertical bar in the margin (by hiding deletions and
colouring insertions black). I can't work out how to do this in Word
2003 because I can't hide the deleted text and still show the
inserted text. Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chippy2 chippy2 is offline

Jay

Thanks. You are quite right it's Word 2002 - sorry for the misleading info.
The macro you referenced solves my problem.

Thanks again for your help.
Chip

chippy2 wrote:
In Word 2000 it's possible to display and print tracked changes
using just the vertical bar in the margin (by hiding deletions and
colouring insertions black). I can't work out how to do this in Word
2003 because I can't hide the deleted text and still show the
inserted text. Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chippy2 chippy2 is offline

Yes it is 2002. Sorry for the misleading info. Jay's post below has the
solution.

Thanks for posting
Chip