Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John LLLIII John LLLIII is offline

Default Prints only color in a document, not the black/white

Cannot figure where the problem is or how to resolve it. I have a Kodak 5500
printer which has work flawlessly. It prints documents OK from other
applications.

Here is what it does. When I print it a document (one that I have printed
in the past without problems) all I get is the words highlighted in color.
The rest is blank.

Hints; The only changes I have made to my system is to go to Chrome as a
browser. Also, I recieved a excell document and opened it but did not try to
print it. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is it just this one document? Or is it all documents?

What happens if you start Word in Safe mode? Does it print okay then? (hold
the Ctrl key as Word is starting; when the safe mode prompt appears, click
Yes).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"John LLLIII" John wrote in message
Cannot figure where the problem is or how to resolve it. I have a Kodak
5500
printer which has work flawlessly. It prints documents OK from other
applications.

Here is what it does. When I print it a document (one that I have printed
in the past without problems) all I get is the words highlighted in color.
The rest is blank.

Hints; The only changes I have made to my system is to go to Chrome as a
browser. Also, I recieved a excell document and opened it but did not try
print it. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John LLLIII[_2_] John LLLIII[_2_] is offline

Thankyou for your response. Sorry to say doing what you suggested did not do
the trick. Note: I mispoke, I did try to print the excell document and it
after that when the problem started. Note: the printer prints ok from other
applications. I can email you the offending xls document if that will help.
Or am I on the wrong track.
John

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm a little confused. Is this a Word problem, an Excel problem, or both?

If it's a problem that only recently began, then my first suspicion would be
that--possibly without your realizing it--Windows updated your printer
driver. Word often uses printer features that other applications do not use,
and this can affect printing. I would check Windows Updates and see if
anything new has been added since the problem began.

--

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John LLLIII[_2_] John LLLIII[_2_] is offline

Windows had a Kodak Printer update that I downloaded and applied. You may be
on the correct path. Is there a way to delete this update? Or something
else I can try. I am not very computer literate but I can do somethings.
Afterall, I found this site, did I not? I would hate to be on the leading
edge of integrating Microsoft divisions and Kodak.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Windows are you using? From Vista's Help (this might provide general guidance for XP, as well):

Restore a driver to its previous version

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

You might want to restore the driver for a device to a previous version if you encounter problems with your computer or device after upgrading the driver.

1.. Open the Device Manager (in the control panel). If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.. Double-click the category containing your device driver, and then double-click the name of the device you want to restore to a previous driver version.

3.. Click the Driver tab, and then click Roll Back Driver.

Here is an article with instructions for Windows XP:

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John LLLIII[_2_] John LLLIII[_2_] is offline

I don't know where to turn. I called Kodak product support and cannot get by
the local support people to people who understand the hand shaking between
Windows software and their Adobe easy share software. It looks like a
windows problem. For instance, if I try to print a copy of this page using
the printer icon on the header line all I get is the color, not the b/w text.
I just did it and all I got was color. How can I get help from Windows
people, or do I need to go out and by Vista?????????

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John LLLIII[_2_] John LLLIII[_2_] is offline

I thought I did. Here is again is the answer to his question.
MS Windows Home editon
Version 2002
SP2.