neil

Default Page design

Does WORDXP do any nice page design for like a title page?

Would be interested in knowing where that is done, thanks.
Jezebel

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

"neil" wrote in message
Does WORDXP do any nice page design for like a title page?

Would be interested in knowing where that is done, thanks.

neil

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:56:41 +0930, "Jezebel"
wrote:

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.
Jezebel

What point? Of course there are clipart images, rosey borders, and any
number of graphic bells and whistles. None of these is actually *in* Word,
but obviously available to you when use use Word. But the usage is up to
you. You can always defecate in the printer, too.

wrote:

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to
do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.

neil

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:45:09 +0930, "Jezebel"
wrote:

What point? Of course there are clipart images, rosey borders, and any
number of graphic bells and whistles. None of these is actually *in* Word,
but obviously available to you when use use Word. But the usage is up to
you. You can always defecate in the printer, too.

I've no idea what you're on about, those features are in Word because
they come with Word. I mean they wouldnt give you a feature without
anything in it. But yea, sounds like you're grasping straws for
whatever reason, "not *in* word" but then "available to you when you
use it".

....and could ya please stop top posting.

Daiya Mitchell

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

Nice analogy, Jezebel.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.

And when you are using those, *you* are doing page design. Word is not.

Are you asking where to find those features that Word makes available to you
to design your pages, or are you asking where to find some of the
pre-designed pages that MS and others have created to offer for use in Word?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Greg Maxey

Jezebel,

You ignored me once before and I am hoping you will answer now. What war
crimes are you talking about at the whitehouse?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

wrote:

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire
someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.

neil

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:28:37 -0700, Daiya Mitchell
wrote:

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

Nice analogy, Jezebel.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.

And when you are using those, *you* are doing page design. Word is not.

Are you asking where to find those features that Word makes available to you
to design your pages, or are you asking where to find some of the
pre-designed pages that MS and others have created to offer for use in Word?

Basically looking for better clipart images to throw in the
background, geezus I'm not lookin for any van gogh originals here, was
only asking if any were available, freely of course, not lookin to rip
anyone off.

But it doesn't matter I already seen some at the microsoft site, rest
easy Jezebel :-)
neil

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:36:07 -0400, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:

Jezebel,

You ignored me once before and I am hoping you will answer now. What war
crimes are you talking about at the whitehouse?

No wonder he didn't answer you if that is your question. Ask that in
the politcal newsgroups and you'll get a few* thoughts thrown your
way.

* Few would be an understatement.
Greg Maxey

Neil,

If Jezebel or anyone else is going to sign off with a political statement
here then they should be willing to answer questions about it here don't you
think?

--

wrote:

Jezebel,

You ignored me once before and I am hoping you will answer now.
What war crimes are you talking about at the whitehouse?

No wonder he didn't answer you if that is your question. Ask that in
the politcal newsgroups and you'll get a few* thoughts thrown your
way.

* Few would be an understatement.

neil

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:52:46 -0400, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:

Neil,

If Jezebel or anyone else is going to sign off with a political statement
here then they should be willing to answer questions about it here don't you
think?

Everyone knows Bush & Co. commited warcrimes, it's fact. Where do you
want to start, the war on Iraq (against United Nations approval), or
the illegal holding of prisoners for years in Guantanamo Bay (without
trail) or maybe the mockery those soldiers made of said prisoners. I
could go on, but this isn't the place for it.

Funny thing is tho, I don't blame Bush, apart from being guilty of
stupidity, he's being played like a muppet by Rumsfeld, Cheeney and
others.
Greg Maxey

Please spare me and the rest of the good people reading this group. Jezebel
knows my e-mail address and so do you. If you want to post this kind of
palaver then send it directly to me or stick to the political newsgroups.

--

wrote:

Neil,

If Jezebel or anyone else is going to sign off with a political
statement here then they should be willing to answer questions about
it here don't you think?

Everyone knows Bush & Co. commited warcrimes, it's fact. Where do you
want to start, the war on Iraq (against United Nations approval), or
the illegal holding of prisoners for years in Guantanamo Bay (without
trail) or maybe the mockery those soldiers made of said prisoners. I
could go on, but this isn't the place for it.

Funny thing is tho, I don't blame Bush, apart from being guilty of
stupidity, he's being played like a muppet by Rumsfeld, Cheeney and
others.

Jezebel

Greg, I'mnot going to enter into this debate with you, here or in direct
email. I think it's clear, if only from your responses in this immediate
thread, that your mind is made up on this issue. And I suspect that you
think the same of me. So I doubt any correspondence between us would lead to
anything but acrimony and ill-will. I'd rather stick to Word issues, on
which we obviously DO have common ground.

wrote:

Neil,

If Jezebel or anyone else is going to sign off with a political
statement here then they should be willing to answer questions about
it here don't you think?

Everyone knows Bush & Co. commited warcrimes, it's fact. Where do you
want to start, the war on Iraq (against United Nations approval), or
the illegal holding of prisoners for years in Guantanamo Bay (without
trail) or maybe the mockery those soldiers made of said prisoners. I
could go on, but this isn't the place for it.

Funny thing is tho, I don't blame Bush, apart from being guilty of
stupidity, he's being played like a muppet by Rumsfeld, Cheeney and
others.

neil

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:18:35 -0400, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:

Please spare me and the rest of the good people reading this group. Jezebel
knows my e-mail address and so do you. If you want to post this kind of
palaver then send it directly to me or stick to the political newsgroups.

Is that your way of not answering the question, cause I did assume you
wanted an answer in here (i.e. "What war crimes are you talking about
at the whitehouse?"), if not maybe you should have said that.

...and I was the one pointing you to the newsgroups initially, oh well.
Jezebel

Do a Google for "clipart" -- there's squillions available (which is what I
meant by the clipart not being IN Word -- even MS's stuff is now on their
website rather than on the CD).

Two caveats: 1) a lot of the stuff is free only for non-commercial use, and
2) a lot of the 'free clipart' websites seem to be designed by the same
cowboys who do the porn sites. The 'million free images' site turns out be
links to other sites that are links to sites that are links ....

wrote:

[...]

Greg Maxey

Neil,

You are a late comer to the topic. I had asked Jezebel tonce before to
contact me directly to discuss the topic. Jezebel has just recently
responded that he/she ((I don't know which) doesn't want to discuss the
matter. That is fine. Now you have expressed your opinion (that nobody
asked for). If you want my response then post a valid e-mail address.

--

wrote:

Please spare me and the rest of the good people reading this group.
Jezebel knows my e-mail address and so do you. If you want to post
this kind of palaver then send it directly to me or stick to the
political newsgroups.

Is that your way of not answering the question, cause I did assume you
wanted an answer in here (i.e. "What war crimes are you talking about
at the whitehouse?"), if not maybe you should have said that.

..and I was the one pointing you to the newsgroups initially, oh well.

neil

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:41:26 -0400, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:

Neil,

You are a late comer to the topic. I had asked Jezebel tonce before to
contact me directly to discuss the topic. Jezebel has just recently
responded that he/she ((I don't know which) doesn't want to discuss the
matter. That is fine. Now you have expressed your opinion (that nobody
asked for). If you want my response then post a valid e-mail address.

But you did ask for it, I'm not tryin to be annoyin but read this:

"If Jezebel or anyone else is going to sign off with a political
statement here then they should be willing to answer questions about
it !!___here___!! don't you think?"

That's your quote, do you can understand why I answered now.
Greg Maxey

Neil,

Since you insist on pinning my ears back on a technicality then OK I
concede. Yep that is what I said. You win.

Now to the point. This is a Word newsgroup and the discussion should stay
in that arena. However, I think that if you or anyone else wants to throw
out a one sided political statement in this group then they shouldn't hide
behind a bogus e-mail address. If you are going to fire for effect then be
willing to come out (outside of this group) and take the incoming.

I find Jezebel's bogus e-mail address highly inflamatory. You see Neil,
"everybody" really doesn't share that view. I had previously asked Jezebel
to contact me directly to discuss her views. Last night Jezebel declined a
second invitation. That is fine. However, I hope that since Jezebel isn't
willing to discuss her views privately and knows that the statement
is highly offensive to some people that she will
refrain from using it further in this group.